Monday, November 2, 2009

November's Habit

In case you missed it this months habit is menu planning.  In trying to save money I tried something new this week.  Last night I sat down with my calendar and planned the entire months menu!  I'll let you know how it worked out for our budget at the end of the month.  I usually do a week at a time, so start there.  Take an honest look at your schedule for the week and plan accordingly.  Don't try to fix a huge, time consuming meal on a night that you have a meeting or are going to be working late - those are crock-pot or soup and sandwich nights.  Also, does anyone have good recipes for meals that can be made a head a frozen?  If so, go ahead and post them here!

1 comment:

  1. this might be helpful. I would not of been running to the grocery store this morn for the ingredients I did not have for my dish I was making.

    Greg and I start something different last week.
    We have a nice meal at lunch and my Supper is so easy which is only a Salad. So today I was making Lattice Chicken got everything out for it then I remember I did not have Cresant and cheddar chesse (used it all on my salads).

    ReplyDelete